Re: Registration of new charset "UTF-16"

> Something else that should be added to the registration information
> is that UTF-16 always should refer to the newest version of Unicode/
> ISO 10646. This has been discussed on the unicore list, but not here,
> but it is very crucial.

I suggest that you simply say that UTF-16 tracks the same version of the
standard that UTF-8 does as defined in RFC 2279.  The text in RFC 2279 was
wordsmithed carefully.

In particular, the charset label should only track the addition of new
characters to 10646 and should not track incompatible changes to that
specification without an explicit decision by the IETF.

		- Chris