Re: Registration of new charset "UTF-16"

Martin J. Duerst wrote:
> > I had to choose some combination of big/little and CR/LF/CRLF, though.
>
> What do you mean by this sentence? You had to choose a particular
> combination because only this was supported by the tool with which
> you made the file, so you cannot claim that all combinations are
> supportend on the browser side? Or you had to produce a particular
> version in order for the browsers to work? If the second, then which
> combination was this?

The latter.  Netscape appears to work fine always, but you have to
set the font information for Unicode.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 supports only some combinations (The
combination of little endian and CRLF works, but other combinations
might work).  Furthermore, it can display the document but cannot
traverse links!!

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata@apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp