Re: ECMA-cyrillic alias iso-ir-111 sore

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:10:13PM -0700, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > It would help everybody if you resent your mail with the proposals
> > at the beginning of the mail, and the justification afterwards
> > (i.e. US English order :-).
>
> OK, here are my two proposals again:
>
> 1. Amend the character-sets document to not list RFC 1345 as a reference for
> charset ECMA-cyrillic alias iso-ir-111. List the ISO-IR registry as the only
> reference and add a note indicating that RFC 1345 is in error.
>
> 2. Register KOI8-E as an alias for charset ECMA-cyrillic alias iso-ir-111.

My understanding was that you wanted KOI8-E (E for error?)
to be the specification in RFC 1345? Then I think it should not be
called an alias of iso-ir-111. I think it would be helpful to
list which names would be refering to which specifications after the
renaming you propose would have been done.

Best regards
keld