RE: Fwd: Registration of new charset [Amiga-1251] - revision 2

Hi Michael,

IANA will assign the MIBenum value at the time that the registration is
actually added to the Charset Registry, as stated in RFC 2978
"IANA Charset Registration Procedures".  There's a partitioning of
MIBenum values according to the source of the charset.  See the
beginning of the file:

ftp://ftp.iana.org/assignments/character-sets

(which is a plaintext file, despite the lack of a filename extension).

Also, when the IESG-approved IANA Charset MIB is finally published
as an RFC, the machine-generated IANA Charset MIB will contain
the assigned MIBenum.  The approved draft of IANA Charset MIB
is at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt

(note that the MIB itself in this file is out-of-date and must be
regenerated before the RFC is published).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839