Re: Registration of new charset ISO-8859-11

> Charset name: ISO_8859-11:2001

This isn't allowed as a primary name since it contains a colon. See RFC  2978
section 2.3 for specifics as to why this restriction exists.

Even if this were allowed I would not recommend that it be done this way. The
charset name needs to be the preferred name, again per section 2.3. You can
have ISO_8859-11:2001 as an alias, of course.

> Charset aliases:
>   Alias: ISO-8859-11 (preferred MIME name)
>   Alias: ISO_8859-11
>   Alias: latin11
>   Alias: l11
>   Alias: csISOLatin11

> Suitability for use in MIME text: Yes

> Published specification(s):
> <http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-11.TXT>

> <http://www.iso.org/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?
>   CSNUMBER=28263&ICS1=35&ICS2=40&ICS3=>

I'd be tempted to put the ISO reference first.

> The mapping table at unicode.org provides sufficient definition of ISO/IEC
> 8859-11:2001 as a CES and CCS by defining the octet sequences that appear in the
> charset, the equivalent UNICODE code points, and the UNICODE standard names of
> the characters.

> The formal specification is openly available from ISO for a fee.

> ISO 10646 equivalency table:
> http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-11.TXT

> Additional information:
> ISO/IEC 8859-11:2001 is the ISO standardized version of TIS-620 with the
> addition of a Non-Breaking Space character at position 0xA0. It is an extension
> of the ISO 8859 series of charset specifications, and covers characters used for
> the Thai language.

> Person & email address to contact for further information:
> Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>

> Intended usage: COMMON

Other than the points raise above, this looks good to me.

				Ned