RE: Update of charset windows-1252, draft 2

> By the way, the windows-1255 charset has changed recently. See the
> mapping for 0xCA in:

http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP1255.TXT

http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WindowsBestFit/bes
tfit1255.txt

HEBREW POINT HOLAM HASER FOR VAV is new in Unicode 5.0.

> So we may want to update the out-of-date one (CP1255.TXT).

I think that is for Microsoft to do. But it does make their stated
policy of not updating any of their codepages less credible.

While doing that, I would suggest they fix the character name
comments (both in the cp* files and in the bestfit* files) to
align with Unicode 5.0. It is so much less confusing that way.

		/kent k