Re: ietf-charsets@mail.apps.ietf.org windows 1250 - another update toreview :)

> Are the graphic character mappings of windows-1250 really a superset
> of iso-8859-2?

Yes, I believe it is. Basically what windows-1250 does is reassign a bunch of
the characters in the control range 80-9F to various punctuation and accented
letters. It ends up having a superset of what iso-8859-2.

> Do the bytes in the range 0xA0 to 0xFF map to the same
> Unicodes?

No they don't. Several of the characters iso-8859-2 has in this
range are in the 80-9F range in windows-1250.

> I already knew of the windows-1252 and -1254 supersets, but not -1250.
> Maybe the differences are "minor"?

Things are shuffled around quite a bit and there are about 20 additional
graphical characters in windows-1250. Not sure you can call that "minor".

				Ned