Re: Registration of new charset CP50220

>    13    JIS X 0201-Katakana ESC ) I       G1
Is there any implementaions which actually support this sequence?
At least Mozilla implementation doesn't. It doesn't support SI/SO either.

>    Another typical user is Japanese IRC network. They sometimes send
>    JIS X 0201-Katakana encoded in GR (JIS8).
What does it mean? You said this charset is 7-bit encoding.
>    Since the "CP50220" is 7bit encoding, Content-Transfer-Encoding is
not needed.
>    Based64 or Quoted-Printable encoding MAY break this encoding.

>  This charset is ISO/IEC 2022 family.
For these reasons, I don't think it's appropriate to treat this charset
as an ISO/IEC 2022 family.

--
VYV03354@nifty.ne.jp