Re: Encodings and the web

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:59:49 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> If you are interested in helping out testing (and reverse engineering)
> multi-octet encodings please let me know. Any other input is much
> appreciated as well.

I made some modest progress since last time. In particular the to Unicode
algorithms behind hz-gb-2312, euc-jp, iso-2202-jp, and shift_jis are done.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/encoding/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

I was wondering if people had ideas on how to present rather large data
tables. For single-octet encodings I think what I have now is okay, but
for multi-octet encodings it probably needs to be a separate file. Should
such a file be HTML or is a simple data file sufficient? Maybe JSON or the
Unicode.org format?

Input appreciated.

By the way, if it is inappropriate for me to discuss this here let me know.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/