From: ned.freed@mrochek.com [mailto:ned.freed@mrochek.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 2:14 PM
To: Michael Malyshev
Cc: ietf-charsets@iana.org
Subject: Re: TEST

> If this message has reached it's destination please reply.

It did, but since you're not subscribed to the list it required manual
approval, which I just gave it.

> I am having problems getting to the procedure of registering a charset.

> Everybody seems to be dead or ignorring me at the main IANA.ORG site.

Can't comment on that. I don't know who you tried to contact or how and I
don't
work there in any case.

> Please help. I can't find a way to join this list!

As I just told you in private mail, the procedure is described at:

  http://www.iana.org/assignments/charset-info

This instruction sheet is listed in the primary IANA index under "Character
Sets Mailing List Information".

I'm sure this could be organized better, but OTOH it isn't exactly obscure
either.

				Ned