Re: windows-874

The procedure for registering a charset is documented here:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2978.txt

One of the required pieces of info is:

Person & email address to contact for further information

I'm guessing that that wouldn't be you. Microsoft should really register
this themselves, especially if they're already using it on the Internet.
However, I did notice that when they sent something related to the other
windows-* charsets to this list, they appeared to feel that they weren't
getting much response. I don't know whether that was due to the
unavailability of a stable, openly-available spec. (But UTF-8 isn't
stable either -- it grows with Unicode.)

The name "windows-874" appears to be used in Java too. See the ICU list:

http://dev.icu-project.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/icu/source/data/mappings/convrtrs.txt?rev=1.169&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Erik