Re: Registration of new charset ISO-8859-11

Ned Freed <ned.freed@mrochek.com> wrote:

>This now looks fine to me, although I'm curious as to your response to the
>question about latin11 alias that Frank Ellerman possted:

Here's revised registration text taking into account the comments by Frank
Ellermann and Kenneth Whistler; dropping the "Latin 11" references and changing
the MIBEnum name to "csISO885911".

Charset name: ISO-8859-11

Charset aliases:
  Alias: ISO_8859-11:2001
  Alias: ISO_8859-11
  Alias: csISO885911

Suitability for use in MIME text: Yes

Published specification(s):
ISO/IEC 8859-11:2001 Information technology -- 8-bit single-byte coded graphic
character sets -- Part 11: Latin/Thai alphabet.
<http://www.iso.org/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?
  CSNUMBER=28263&ICS1=35&ICS2=40&ICS3=>

<http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-11.TXT>

The mapping table at unicode.org provides sufficient definition of ISO/IEC
8859-11:2001 as a CES and CCS by defining the octet sequences that appear in the
charset, the equivalent UNICODE code points, and the UNICODE standard names of
the characters.

The formal specification is openly available from ISO for a fee.

ISO 10646 equivalency table:
http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-11.TXT

Additional information:
ISO/IEC 8859-11:2001 is the ISO standardized version of TIS-620 with the
addition of a Non-Breaking Space character at position 0xA0. It is an extension
of the ISO 8859 series of charset specifications, and covers characters used for
the Thai language.

Person & email address to contact for further information:
Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>

Intended usage: COMMON

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact... Nothing says “I love you” like a
decapitated gopher on your front porch.