Cleanup (was: Volunteer needed to serve as IANA charset reviewer)

Ned Freed wrote:

> one of the things I will do is conduct a complete overhaul of
> the existing registry.
[...]
> I also wrote and continue to maintain a fairly full-features
> charset conversion library.

Then there are several sources:  The ICU converters, your lib,
the Unicode mappings, and standards in cases like ISO 8859-11.

For the most important charsets these sources hopefully agree,
and maybe it's possible to use CharMapML to list most of them
(not for UTF7, UTF16-LE, UTF32-LE, BOCU-1 and SCSU).  If needed
I could create a CharMapML file for UTF-1.  Not because anybody
uses it, let alone "over the wire", but because it's a part of
the history.  Less than 9,000 lines without cheating.

A complete CharMapML file for UTF-8 takes less than 40 lines,
US-ASCII, Latin-1, Latin-9, UTF16-BE, and UTF32-BE would be
shorter.  Does "provide mappings" belong to what you have in
mind for a "registry cleanup" ?

Frank