Re: Registration of new charset ISO 11548-1

Martin Duerst schrieb:
> It would definitely be a bad idea to make a charset label
> part of a MIME media type. The way I understand Samuel's
> explanations, this character encoding is mostly used as
> part of some specific protocols/format, not directly in
> as a parameter to a mime type. Nevertheless, registering
> it makes sense in my view.

Well, I misinterpreted the description. I thought it was more a media
format to convey Braille information (including control data) instead of
a charset.

Now that mapping to Unicode has been posted, I agreee that it is a
charset and should be registered as such.

Claus