RE: Update of charset windows-1252, draft 3

Hi,

Yes, and 2978 and its predecessor _require_ a 'cs' alias
for all valid registrations.  I very much dislike the MIB
containing only auto-generated ones.  For a variety of
reasons, the existing 'cs' aliases do NOT agree exactly
with what the auto-generated ones would have been.

If we deleted a 'cs' alias from the Charset Registry, it
might well become a _different_ 'cs' alias in the next
version of the Charset MIB - an interoperability nightmare
for MIB implementors tagging charsets for I18N.

'cs' alias continues to be required for registrations.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839