Update of windows 1252

Sorry, this was the draft that I sent last fall.  We seemed to reach "rough consensus", but I didn't formally submit it.

Please register this update to windows-1252.  I will follow through with the other windows code pages shortly.

Thanks,
Shawn

--------------------------

Charset name: windows-1252

Charset aliases: (None)

Suitability for use in MIME text:

Yes, windows-1252 is suitable for use with subtypes of the "text"
Content-Type. Note that windows-1252 is an 8-bit charset. Care should
be taken to choose an appropriate Content-Transfer-Encoding.

Published specification(s):

1) http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/sbcs/1252.htm

ISO 10646 equivalency table:

http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP1252.TXT

Additional information:

Although not authoritative, the following references may also be of
interest:

Printed mapping table:
Dr. International "Developing International Software, Second Edition",
Microsoft Press, ISBN 0-7356-1583-7, 2003, p. 743-747

Microsoft windows extended "best fit" behavior:
http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WindowsBestFit/bestfit1252.txt

This is an update of an existing registration of this charset. This
charset name is in use.

This charset is also known as Windows Code Page 1252 or cp1252 for
short; these are NOT aliases.

The graphic (non-control) characters of Windows-1252 are a superset of
the graphic characters of the ISO-8859-1 charset. See the range 80 to
9F (hex).

Person & email address to contact for further information:

Shawn Steele
Email: Shawn.Steele@microsoft.com

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way,