Re: Registration of new charset CP51932

On 2010/08/28 2:56, Shawn Steele wrote:
> Can we say "you should really use UTF-8" as a note in new registrations?

[Expert reviewer hat off]

First, the registration says (at the very end):

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

which implies "use something else".

Second, adding "you should really use UTF-8" to some new registrations
might imply that this doesn't apply to older registrations, which in my
view would give the wrong impression.

Third, the registration ALREADY says:

UTF-8 is preferred to CP51932 for new system.

Regards,   Martin.