Re: shift_jis / windows-31J

> I am not ignoring Anne's request to "solve the problem here", but I think that's a more complex issue,
>and that these changes proposed below would more easily address some of
>the common confusion in this area.  I'm not opposed to someone following
>up on a better/more complete fix, but I think it'll be hard to get
>consensus.

I agree.  We already have serious interoperability problems, and
a few paragraphs in the IANA registration will not solve them
at this stage of the game.  (I gave up long time ago.)   All we can do
is to admit the reality and document it well using the right terminology.

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>