Re: Encoding Standard (mostly complete)

Anne van Kesteren, Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:38:47 +0200:

> Apart from big5, all encoders and decoders are now defined.
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/encoding/raw-file/tip/Overview.html
>
> Feedback is much appreciated.

Egoist remark regarding "byte order mark is considered more
authoritative than anything else": I think that our discussion in the
WHATwg - were what I was able to say were based on a lot of preceding
documentation work in relation to a HTML5 bug {which you subsequently
"re-filed" as another, broader bug for the whole "Web platform"} -  may
have contributed to what the document now says on this. See for example
this message from you:
<http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2011-December/034271.html>

If you agree that that is so, then I would appreciate being mentioned
in the acknowledgments section.
--
Leif H Silli