Re: registration of iso-8859-15: v1.1 [cs and MIBenum needed]

> Maybe it is a bug in RFC 2278, but the cs symbol and a MIBenum value is > essiential to be included in each new charset registry.
First of all, RFC 2278 mandates assignment of a MIB enum by IANA for any registered charset. See section 3.7 for details.
As for as the cs symbol goes, it doesn't seem to me that having such a symbol is in way way required. All it does, really is provide a default display name.
Nevertheless, I will add a note about assigning such an alias to each charset the next time the document is revised.
> Otherwise, the IETF standards track Printer MIB (RFC 1759 and soon to > be a draft standard),
I sincerely hope it won't become one in its present form. Much of the language in it about charsets is anywhere from confusing to incorrect.
> will NOT be able to indicate this new important > charset. I also believe the SLP is using the charset enums, instead > of the MIME charset names.
> So please keep csISOLatin9 alias and add a MIBenum value > (being careful to assign the next avaible number in the propose > range as explained in the beginning of the charset registry).
IANA adds the MIBenum value; it is not done by the person doing the registration.
> Does RFC 2278 have to be fixed too, or can we just follow what is > in the beginning of the charset registry?
I don't see anything here that necessitates an immediate fix.
Ned