Fixing the IANA charset registry

At 10:07 AM -0800 12/3/04, ned.freed@mrochek.com wrote:
>Indeed. And there are plenty of other glitches in there as well that we
>have been unable to  get fixed. Perhaps it is time to approach IANA
>again with the intent of getting this mess cleaned up.

Actually, the Apps ADs have already gotten a crew of us together to
do that, but we lacked momentum. Maybe this is a good start.

If anyone finds bugs in the IANA charset registry, feel free to send
them to me directly. I'll organize them, get them discussed on the
list, and then bring a set of well-formed requests for changes to
IANA.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium