Re: Registration of Windows Charsets (Thai, Japanese, GBK,Korean,Big-5)

> At 02:18 06/10/10, Erik van der Poel wrote:
> >Although it would be great if the original registrant or owner of a
> >charset supplied lots of helpful information about the charset, we
> >might make more progress if anybody on this list were allowed to make
> >suggestions for additions to the "Additional information" section, or
> >even to the other sections, as long as there is consensus.

I think this is an excellent way to make more progress.

> There is absolutely nothing against other people trying to help.
> Indeed, that's what the mailing list is for, in large part.

Quite true.

> There is also, in my view, nothing against third-party registrations
> (registrations of e.g. vendor character sets by somebody not affiliated
> with the vendor), although it is of course better if somebody from
> the vendor does it directly.

Exactly so. We've long allowed both media type, charset, and no doubt other
sorts of registrations from third parties. In many cases it was the only way to
get a much-needed registration to happen.

				Ned