Re: My draft for windows 1252

Kent Karlsson wrote:

> I don't like aliases either, especially not when the "preferred" (and
> systematic) name is already given. But these are pre-existing aliases.

The cs- name should certainly be listed as for all other charsets, it's
"obvious" (I hope) that these cs- aliases aren't what's used in MIME or
XML.  For cp1252, are you sure that it's actually used anywhere ?  Not
counting file names of ICU mappings or similar cases, is there a real
application talking with other applications about "cp1252" ?

Sorry for the stupid question, but on my box I'd use a command like
"chcp 1004" or the system function below it, without any "cp" prefix.

Based on that we might need an alias "1252", not "cp1252".  Or we just
ignore "1252" / "cp1252" because it's obvious.  I certainly don't need
a "1004" or "cp1004" alias.  A comment could make sense, but in practice
the still existing OS/2 users have that already figured out - or if not
they probably won't look into the IANA charset registry for more info.

Frank