Re: Registration of new charset CP50220

(2010/08/31 14:51), "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> Hello Shawn,
>
> HTML 5 has basically two aspects:
>
> 1) (the one you mention) New stuff (canvas, video (maybe),...)
>
> 2) Backwards-compatibility, so that it works with older pages,
> including trying to be as detailed as possible a spec to
> relieve implementers from reverse-engineering IE6
>
> This registration is for 2), not for 1).

I thought about 2), so the encoding which I want to register should be the one
which is used in current world wide web pages.

But true CP50220 supports much more features:
* JIS X 0208-1990/1997
* Shift-in Katakana
* 8-bit Katakana
* (I Shift-JIS Kanji
* Shift-in Shift-JIS Kanji
* 8-bit Shift-JIS Kanji
* (H ‘Swedish’ as JIS Roman
http://coq.no/character-tables/mime/iso-2022/en

Some of them may be included compatibility set (as my first draft),
but some of them may not be.

Such case is also in Windows-31J; CP932 has User Defined Characters,
but IANA Charset doesn't describe it.

--
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse@airemix.jp>