RE: Registration of new charset CP50220

I'm adding Adrian from the IE Team to the thread :)

I own most of the encoding APIs here, but I don't know what IE's thinking is around HTML 5 and stuff.

I don't mind 50220 being registered, but I'm a bit concerned that there may be some differences between the MLang, MultiByteToWideChar, and .Net versions of encoding/decoding.  (One reason I don't like non-Unicode encodings is that it is difficult to find multiple implementations that match exactly).  Also, it is "like" ISO-2022-JP, but differs, as noted, and I was a tad confused about why they were being tied together.  I'd consider MultiByteToWideChar behavior to be "authoritative", but your emphasis is probably on MLang behavior because IE used MLang.

-Shawn