Re: Registering a charset alias

Hello Anne,

On 2009/08/27 1:42, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:38:34 +0200, Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com> wrote:
>> But, lets take this up at a coordination call.
>
> Any update on this?

These calls are rather infrequent, about 3 times or so a year.

> On the HTML 5 side of things we removed the reference to UTS22 for label
> matching and instead use trailing and leading whitespace trimming as
> well as ASCII case-insensitive matching.

I think this is the right thing to do. Case-insensitive is as per IETF
specs, and whitespace trimming is very usual for tokens in the HTML
context (shouldn't be necessary in the actual Content-Type header).

> This does create the need for
> more aliases, such as "utf8" for "utf-8". (I have not checked this in
> detail yet.)

See separate mail.

Regards,    Martin.