Re: Registering a charset alias

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:55:14 +0200, Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com> wrote:
> I have sent a request (unfortunately not until too late,...my fault of
> the delay) and hope to have an answer soon.

Cool!

As for registering the aliases. With help from others I'm trying to
complete research on what contemporary browser implementations do to get
more insight as to what aliases need to be registered. If you're
interested in this work you can follow the progress here:

   http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Web_Encodings

Once that is more complete it should be easier to assess which aliases
(and maybe even encodings) need to be registered.

(I thought I should let you know why I haven't submitted anything just
yet.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/