Re: Update of charset windows-1252, draft 2

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 03:59:54PM +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:
> Hello Keld,
>
> I haven't found the string "1252" in RFC 1345
> (e.g. at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1345.txt), nor in the IANA
> registration page at http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets.
> Can you please tell us what you are talking about?

I was wrong. It is not in rfc 1345, and not in the IANA registry.
I only have it in my updated tables, which are, however,
used in the Unix recode program. So the cp1252 name is free for
registration. Personally, as this name is not used in Microsoft windows
software, and used for something different, but similar in Unix-like
systems, I would prefer that it not be mentioned with this registration.

Best regards
Keld